Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Oh Kathy!! It's here! Wooo hoo!!

Do you guys remember my prize I won for being mama/Kathy's 1000th visitor? If not then click here because it was sooooo exiting! Sweet Kathy trudged through the snow, in the middle of her Christmas shopping, her son coming for a visit and just life in general and posted this delightful package for me! Let me tell you I have never received a package from the US before! Our custom is, there is always a relative in the US that is coming for a visit and packages arrive via that person.

Well the postman came this morning and instead of putting the letters in the mailbox he rang his bell! well my heart skipped some beats! I grabbed my camera (like a good blogger) and ran out, Isaiah and Gabby in tow, only to be given a form to sign and told to collect my package at the post office! Well I was a bit crushed, I decided to take a pic of the postman anyway, turned on my camera, the batteries were dead! Heeesh! This was not turning out like I had planned!

Undaunted I quickly dressed and headed out to the super market, picked up fresh batteries and went over to the post office, the woman at the counter was super surly, I decided against taking a pic of her I decided all pics would be taken when I got my package home.

This is what the box looked like when I collected it, unlike packages delivered in the US mine had to endure a search by our customs, dang it! There was a lot of tissue paper, that I was sure Kathy took the time to wrap each item so nicely! But I could feel the love as I took each item out of the box and showed it to my family!

So here they are in all their glory!

This is a Japanese doll, it's really exquisite!


This beautiful book, this will reside on my bedside table for a while, I need to get lost in this!


Another fab book, filled with beautiful pictures of English style!

My Guinness collection! A lovely bag and two Guinness cards

This is the coolest coin collection,
the individual pic did not show it well at all, most of these coins stopped being minted in 1967, one year before I was born and 5 years after our Independence, before 1962 this was our currency! In old calypsoes (our local music) I would hear them mention the half penny, this was pronounced ha'pny, the penny, which is really two single cents (correct me Kathy if I'm wrong!), the shilling should be twenty-five cents! and the others I never heard of! I love this coin collection so! It's a fantastic piece of history! And it is beautifully framed!

Another beauty is my Kimono! Yes I said Kimono! it is so beautiful, to touch and see! And I got my willing model!



Last but certainly not least, a Christmas card with a lovely note from Kathy





Let's see what I did not mention before, there are chopsticks, 1 Guinness Luggage Tag, and one Hawaian Tea Towel, lots and lots of goodies, gifts I'll cherish forever!


This is the wrapping that had me feeling it was Christmas morning all over again!


Thank you again Kathy!! You were just too sweet to do this, you have no idea how special you made me feel!




26 comments:

Bridget said...

That is so awesome. Kathy is just the best! You lucky girl, you deserved it!
I see there is a sixpence in the coins. I have one that I got in england years ago. I've been saving it for Katie's wedding day. Do you know the bridal traditions of something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue? The one you don't usually hear is the last part about "and a sixpence in her shoe!"
Happy New Year and thank for your well wishes for katie. She is feeling so much better.

Penny said...

Oh my! I felt like I was right there with you. This is just so neat! Kathy is a total love and you deserved this special package of neat goodies. Your daughter is adorable in the komono.
Thank you so much for sharing your loot with us.
Hugs,
P

SmilingSally said...

How wonderful, Raxx; I'm so glad you were the winner.

Kathy said...

Hi Raxx so happy you received the package, I was sweating a bit heehee, the Kimono looks perfect on your little princess and maybe your little lad can be the coin collector. I am old enough to have actually used some of those coins (to buy sweets). Enjoy the book it really has some beautiful photos of Italy (my fave place on earth)
Congratulations again and I am so glad you were my 1000th visitor, big hugs, Kathy.

Lisa (aka) French said...

Girl i am so jealous (lol) she really outdid herself! She is truly a wonderful woman and so are you...... and YOU deserved it congrats and enjoy;) French

Justine said...

Holy crap, that's a LOT of presents to receive from one person. Kathy, you rock woman!!!!!!!!!! How the hell did she find a coin collection from your country? Holy shit!!!!!!!!!

Justine :o )

Deb said...

Raxx! I got quite excited myself! No I'm not out of order, I've done all my work for today so I *CAN* visit now. (Until my husband gets back from his meeting) LOL!!! (It's okay, I love spending time with him, last night we talked and laughed) (at people we know)LOL!!!!
Anyways I love all of your gifts! Though I hate they had to go through the search and you didn't get to open everything yourself but everything is so nice and the Kimono is just beautiful! But the model just blew me away! Both your kids are just darling. Enjoy everything! Deb

Anonymous said...

Oh, Dear Raxx! You've hit the jackpot! How marvelous! I'm so proud for you getting all of this wonderful stuff! Look at your little angels! How precious.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

nikkicrumpet said...

Kathy is a total sweetheart for sure. And WOWZER WHAT A WHOPPING PRIZE!! What a fun day for you!

Tootsie said...

Now that's a prize! wooo hoo...congrats to you for winning girl!

artis1111 said...

Congrats Raxx!!!.You deserve it!!! How nice a gift is that. Kathy

Jessica said...

WOW! Such wonderful new treasures! I smiled ear to ear to reading this post~ knowing how excited you where. Great coin collection, books, the japanese doll & your model w/your kimono....is adorable! Congratulations!

Have a extra special day!

Hugs~ J

Anonymous said...

Waht a lucky girl you are!!!! :) That boix was filled with all kinds of goodies! Congrats!

xoxoxoxoxo
Miss you much!

Donna Marie

Terrie's Lil' Piece of Serenity said...

Congrats on these beautiful gifts. What a nice gal!!

Helen said...

What incredibly thoughtful and fun gifts! Way to go ....
And thank you so much for the very wise advice ... maybe this should be "Weigh-In Once A Month Wednesday" ... I will try not to obsess. Thinking back on the last week I can see where I wasn't as smart as I should have been regarding food choices, I did not walk each day - only four, and I did not drink enough water! Thanks for the support.

SG said...

Wow! How awesome is that!!! I love the Japanese doll! It's so pretty. You got some good stuff there. No wonder you were so excited. Good for you!

Oh and your little model was so adorable!!!

Bridget said...

I love your new header pic and I forgot to mention yesterday that Gabby is sooooo cute in that kimono. I bet she just loves it too!
Thank you for the birthday wishes....off to play pin the toupee on my DH (ahem I mean Bald Man! LOL)
Hugs, Bridget

Kathy said...

Hi Raxx, go here... it explains better than I could about each coin,
http://woodlands-junior.kent.sch.uk/customs/questions/moneyold.htm

I remember going to the sweet shop with a penny and getting four farthing chews (like toffee's) oh my I feel really old now heehee.
so there are four farthings in a Penny. and when we would visit an Auntie she would give us Half a Crown (woohoo we thought we were rich then).

I guess the Penny must be equal to two cents, it's fun remembering those old coins, my kids said the old money looks funny!. I said you could get a lot more with the old money than you can with this new money haha. Your hubby is a sweetie, hugs, Kathy.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sweet Beautiful Raxx! Oh, what a handsome young man in your header! He's darling! Thank you for your sweetness dear one. Oh, on singing...I sound just like that little girl. lol
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Bo said...

Hi Raxx...loved seeing your many, many treasures from Kathy-Mama! The way you told your story was so fun to read...LOL, the surly woman at your post office works at mine when she's not at yours...
Congratulations sweet lady...and your darling son's picture is the cutest on your header! ;-) Bo

mrsben said...

Oh Raxx, so happppppy for you. Such a wonderful selection of goodies!

Speaking of Japanese dolls I think your little Gabby makes an excellent one. Look how adorable she looks in your Kimono. She is going to be such a 'heart breaker' when she gets older.

(Kathy, great choices......you should be a 'personal shopper'.)

Anonymous said...

How exciting for you! Aren't things like this just the best?

I love getting a letter - in an envelope! Although these days I don't get many but it's a great surprise.

You lucky lady!

Melissa Miller said...

~WOW~!!! :)
You deserve a gift that's so wonderful and heartwarming Raxx!
You are a true genuine sweetheart and I'm glad we "met".

I'm loving the book about Italy. ~Beautiful~
Your daughter is beyond precious in the Kimono. Too cute! Love the photos.

What a wonderful post.
Thanks for sharing this with us all.
~Warmly, Melissa :)

Anonymous said...

my niece should get a modeling contract, and of course i am green with envy, you should give me the doll

Buffie said...

Oh wow! What neat things Kathy sent you!! You can tell how much thought went into it too, you're a lucky girl! :)
Buffie

Lynette said...

What an awesome gift!! I've been to Italy and it is a great place to visit! All your tresures look great and I love the way you told your story!!
Lucky you ~